Thursday 12 April 2012

Using Analytics to Increase Your eBay Sales & Profits



A lot of people have asked us about “analytics.” What are analytics, how can I get them, and what can I use them for? But more importantly: Will using such a service increase my sales?
According to several user testimonials, the answer is a definite yes. In fact, you’re lucky to be reading this article. Implement even a few of the techniques offered by analytics services, and your sales will increase almost immediately. Your buyers might even thank you.
Here’s why it matters. As a sales person, you deal with a large number of variables. The decisions you make directly shape your income and your buyers experience. Analytics are a toolbox to create happy buyers; a way to make things easy for them.
Here are the questions you can answer to increase sales:
  • When are the best days and times to list?
  • Which auction template option sells the most product?
  • Should I bother to sell internationally?
  • How long does it take for me to make a sale from the first click to the last?
  • How much do sales increase during the holidays?
Or, use analytics for problem solving:
  • Why are people not bidding on my items?
  • Why do people leave without bidding?
  • How much did the last outage cost me?
Most people generally “feel” the answers to these questions based on their experience and implicit knowledge of their product. What if you find out three months from now that you have been losing money … for three months?
Now, you can get the answers to these questions in much shorter time. Analytics is a new area of expertise: People used to care about how many visitors they got, now they should care about what visitors do.
I recommend Sellebrity Analytics. First of all, the site is 100% free if you have 50 concurrent listings or less. If you have more than 50 listings running at any given time, you will need to upgrade starting at $4.99 per month. You can also manage several user IDs with one login, starting at $9.99 per month.
Sellebrity Analytics claims not to hurt your sales in any way. For example, appending the small 88 x 33 tracking counter to the very bottom of your listings will not result in an unfavorable change to Best Match because you are not changing the description.
Here is a testimonial from eBay user “ladydaysvintage:”
“Sellebrity has helped me a great deal. I’d pretty much stopped selling international. Your site showed me how many international sales I’ve missed out on due to high shipping. I made some adjustments, offer lower cost shipping, and international sales have increased. So I am very pleased.”
Folks, this one is a no-brainer. It’s free and it works. There is no downside.

No comments:

Post a Comment